This long weekend is all about celebrating summer with friends and family, and nothing says Queensland summer quite like a barbecue. Here is an easy recipe for a delicious lamb burger. It's literally packed with flavour and the best part: all the hard stuff is done for you.
Give us a call to order some burger buns and pick up some of our delicious Rocket Pesto and Onion Marmalade (and maybe a lovely little dessert while you’re there); your guests will love you for it.
Lamb, Rocket and Haloumi Burgers
- 1 jar Jocelyn’s Provisions Rocket Pesto
- 1 jar Jocelyn’s Provisions Onion Marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh rocket, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh rocket leaves, whole
- 1 egg
- 1kg ground lamb
- ½ cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 6 burger buns
- 6 slices haloumi (approx. 1 cm thick)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare grill, bbq or griddle pan and allow to heat up.
- In a bowl, combine mince, eggs, rocket, parsley, pine nuts and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well to thoroughly combine. Mould into 6-7 patties approximately the size of your buns.
- Mix lemon juice, salt and pepper into the yoghurt and set aside.
- Place patties on the grill and cook for approx. 3 mins. Turn over, then add haloumi to the grill.
- Slice buns in half and spread onion marmalade on the bottom.
- When patties are cooked, top bun with the lamb patty then the haloumi. Add fresh rocket, then drizzle with the yoghurt and pesto. Cover with the bun top and serve immediately.