Look no further than the indulgent and irresistible Salted Caramel Croissant French Toast. This delectable dish combines the buttery goodness of croissants with the sweet and salty flavours of salted caramel. Grab our Croissant Loaf in-store every Saturday!
2 Slices Jocelyn's Provisions Croissant Loaf
2 Large Eggs
20ml Light Oil
100g Caramel Sauce (see below)
2 Ripe Lady Finger Bananas, sliced
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Cream
1tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
CARAMEL SAUCE METHOD
1. In a pot, melt butter and dissolve brown sugar.
2. Bring to the boil.
3. Simmer until thickened (about 3-4 minutes).
4. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and sea salt to taste.
FRENCH TOAST METHOD
1. Whisk eggs and soak slices of croissant loaf in the mix.
2. Turn to coat thoroughly.
3. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat then melt the butter and oil.
4. Fry the slices of croissant loaf until golden brown on both sides.
5. Place a slice of toast on each plate and add a large dollop of mascarpone.
6. Top with bananas and douse in caramel sauce.
7. Sprinkle with a little sea salt to taste and serve immediately.